Skip to Content
chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up chevron-right chevron-left arrow-back star phone quote checkbox-checked search wrench info shield play connection mobile coin-dollar spoon-knife ticket pushpin location gift fire feed bubbles home heart calendar price-tag credit-card clock envelop facebook instagram twitter youtube pinterest yelp google reddit linkedin envelope bbb pinterest homeadvisor angies
What is an E.A.P.?

An E.A.P., or Employee Assistance Program is a Union-sponsored program designed to help members and their dependents that have personal or family problems. The purpose of the E.A.P. is to help people get assistance as soon as possible in order to keep at a minimum the personal and financial costs of:

  • Health care
  • Absenteeism and lateness;
  • Unnecessary terminations.

The E.A.P. is designed to help people without jeopardizing their job, future or reputation. The professionals at the E.A.P. have been selected to offer off-site easily accessible assistance. We hope that the E.A.P. will be of service to you. Remember, anyone can have a problem, and waiting to do something about it often only makes it worse.

Who can use the E.A.P.?

The Employee Assistance Program is available to all members of the Local and their dependents.

What problems does the E.A.P. deal with?
  • Parent/child problems
  • Marital difficulties
  • Alcohol/drug problems
  • Depression
  • Job stress
  • Financial concerns
  • Legal problems
  • Personal loss
  • Emotional disorders
  • Other life stressors
How does the E.A.P. work?

If you need help, call your Employee Assistance Program Referral Service at 914-245-6300 or 1-800-EAP-2799. During regular business hours, you will reach an E.A.P. counselor. After hours, your call will be answered by a trained operator and immediately referred to one of our counselors who will promptly return your call. After discussing the problem and evaluating your particular needs, the counselor will arrange an appointment at the E.A.P. or make a referral to an appropriate resource.

What will the E.A.P. cost?

There is no charge to you when you call your E.A.P. And there is no charge to come in and talk with someone for an initial assessment session. At times, a single call, or the initial session, can solve the problem If you decide to seek further help, charges of the health professionals or counselors whom you are referred to will, in most cases, be covered by your union health insurance major medical plan. When other types of assistance are required, e.g., legal, financial or community services, it is your responsibility to arrange for payment with these providers.

Is the E.A.P. voluntary and confidential?

The Employee Assistance Program is there for you and is totally voluntary and confidential. Your union wants you to utilize the program if you or a family member has a problem. No service or treatment is ever imposed on you – you are entirely responsible as to whether or not you decide to pursue help.

What happens if a Supervisor refers a member to the E.A.P.?

In cases where a member’s job performance is impaired by a personal problem, a Supervisor or Business Manager or Business Agent may refer him/her to the Employee Assistance Program. With the full knowledge of the member, the initial phone call may be made by the Business/Manager/Business Agent. Once the member speaks with our counselor, no further personal information is provided.

If you have any questions about your E.A.P., please do not hesitate to call for confidential, professional, and immediate assistance at:

Lower Hudson Valley E.A.P.
914-245-6300 or 1-800-EAP-2799.

Get the Assistance You Need Today